If there’s one thing I’ve found really, utterly, totally, awfully hard to stop eating, it’s pizza. Ooh. Mmm. I defy anyone to resist indefinitely, it’s just impossible.
Or is it.
Ta dah! Enter stage right this healthy homemade pizza. Think brown bread dominos base. It’s amazing and not naughty and wonderful!
Dough (serves 2)
- 500g strong wholewheat flour
- 3 tsp sugar or stevia
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbs virgin olive oil
- 12g packet of yeast
- 300 ml warm water
1 x big bowl
1 x small bowl
- Mix 250ml warm water, yeast and 1 tsp sugar. Leave for 5 mins.
- Add the flour, salt, and rest of the sugar. Mix.
- Make a little well and add the oil and the yeast mix.
- Stir with a wooden spoon.
- Keep adding the rest of the water until you’ve got a dough ball and the dough comes easily off the side.
- Cover with cling film and leave for 30 mins. The dough will double in size.
- Break in to two pieces and kneed for a few mins (in flour)
- Roll out, lay on pizza tray.
Cover with passata or use chopped tomatoes.
Cheese: use low fat mozzarella/cottage cheese/creme fraiche
So soft and light. It’s a healthy pizza that still feels like a naughty meal. And that’s alright by me,