A perfect dinner. Protein rich and full of flavour. I really love curry, it’s a dish that you can make with so many different meats, all clean and all healthy. As a rule of thumb I avoid fats (ghee – no) or cream-based recipes. Either go dry like this tikka, or use a tomato base for the sauce. The hot spices and turmeric will raise your metabolism and help with weight loss too – what more could you want?
Takes 1 hour (30 min marinade, 30 min cook)
- 4 x chicken (or turkey!) breasts, cut into chunks
- 250g natural yoghurt
- 3 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp all spice
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp tumeric
- 2 tsp garam masala
1. Mix the yoghurt and the spices together in a bowl. Taste. Add more till it tastes how you like it.
2. Add the chicken and make sure it is well covered.
3. Put in the fridge for 30 mins to allow the spices to soak in. You can also do overnight if you have time.
4. Oven to 180 degrees.
5. Put chicken on skewers and cook for 30 mins.