Breakfast. The most important meal of the day. It’s easy to get complacent with breakfast when you’re trying to go clean or ‘be healthy’. Find something, stick with it ad infinitum…get bored, go back to cereal.
But no! Clean breakfasts are one of the best meals of the day. Yes, some of them need time in the morning, but save those for the weekend and make a big deal out of it. There are so many easy breakfasts for those busy weekday mornings.
Overnight oats is one of those, and it gives you a different choice to porridge (one of life’s greatest pleasures) or dry oats. (Oats are one of the best things you can eat, okay?) And all it takes is 1 minute the night before.
Makes 1 bowl.
1/2 cup of oats
Handful chia seeds
3 tbs natural yoghurt
2 tsp cinnamon
- Mix the oats and chia seeds in a bowl.
- Add milk so it is covering the dry mix. Stir.
- Cover, and leave in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, add the natural yoghurt and cinnamon, and mix well. Yum!
- Add fruit if you’re feeling, um, fruity.
Get creative with what you like:
Vanilla essence (add the night before)
Cacao powder (2 tsp)
Jam (not clean..)