Couldn’t be easier to make. Couldn’t be more tasty. A simple solution to biscuit cravings.
I have to hide these away in a tin, or more often than not I’ll eat the whole batch. Which if you do, doesn’t matter as they are totally clean! (Just maybe save for a high exercise day….)
Makes approx. 12 flapjacks.
150g/1.5 cups oats
75g/0.5 cups sultanas
15g/0.25 cups shredded coconut
25g/0.25 cups sunflower or pumpkin seeds
3 tbs chia seeds
2 medium eggs
2 tsp vanilla essence
(+ 2tbs agave syrup, if you like things really sweet)
- Pre-heat oven to 170 c.
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Whisk the eggs, and add to the mix with the vanilla essence.
- Mix until all the dry ingredients are coated.
- Line a baking tray or dish with grease-proof paper, and pour the mixture out onto it.
- Using a fork, press down firmly to make a large rectangle. You want it to be about 3/4 of a cm high.
- Make sure all the mixture is tightly packed, or it’ll just crumble when you come to cut it.
- Bake for 20 mins.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 20mins.
- Cut into smaller flapjack shapes.
One thought on “Clean & Healthy vanilla flapjacks”